Nerdache Cake’s Nerd Gear Giveaway!
As a thanks for all the followers, likes, fans in the thousands and just being awesome in general, I’ve decided to do a little giveaway!
I’m giving away 2 Nerd Gear bow-ties of your choice, an ‘I HEART Nerdache Cakes’ 3” button, 6 custom fandom cookies and a set of Designer Piggies fandom nail decals (Choose your fandom!) to 1 lucky winner!
Rules and Junk:
- Likes don’t count.
- You can reblog up to 2 times a day.
- This is a gift for my followers, so you gotta’ be following me bro. But I’m funny and reasonably attractive and I make fandom cakes. What’s not to like?
- No giveaway blogs. Those suck.
- Only in the States. Sorry, mate.
- Giveaway ends October 31st.
After that, I’ll get a winner via random generator and inbox them for their shipping address.
Fandom Flavors: Pretty Soldier (Sailor Moon inspired cupcake)
This tasty cupcake is just as pretty as the Sailor Senshi themselves- And the first in our Fandom Flavors category!
‘Pink Berry’ cake- cherries, raspberries, and strawberries- filled with a light whipped cream and tossed in sanding sugar for a sparkly covering, all topped with a lemonade whipped buttercream and a fondant heart.
Ingredients: (Makes 2 Dozen)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Canned Cherries
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Raspberry Extract
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Cups self-rising Flour
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 325 Degrees. Set up cupcake wrappers in your favorite colored wrappers. (I did yellow. Sue me.)
- Puree’ your berries. Like, in small sized chunks. They look really pretty in your cupcake.
- Prepare the cake batter; in a large bowl, combine self-rising flour, sugar, oil, your pureed berries (Save 1/4 of a cup of your mix), vanilla, raspberry extract, and eggs.
- Fill cupcake wrappers 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle your saved berry mixture on to the tops (Don’t go nuts or else those puppies won’t bake properly!)
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes away cleanly when poked through the centers.
- 1 Cup room temperature Butter (2 Sticks)
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream (Cold)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cold Lemonade
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Drops Yellow Food Color
- Cream your butter on medium high speed. Add your powdered sugar in measured doses on low speed.
- Add your egg white, whipping on medium-high speed again. Slowly add your vanilla and lemonade.
- Mix on High for 3-5 minutes. Add your heavy cream slowly.
- Mix again for another 2 minutes, finishing with a liberal zesting of your lemon.
Oh my gosh, that sounds dirty.
For the little toppers, I just cut out a pink heart out of some fondant and dusted it in pink luster dust. I then cut out a crescent moon, dusted that in gold luster dust and finished it off with an edible sugar pearl. Ant is sometimes capable of pretty things.
Sailor Moon cupcakes! Because when I was in 7th grade, Sailor Moon was basically my hero.
Come on, saving the world from evil in an adorable mini skirt? Using the power of the moon and sparkle wands? Who wouldn’t love that.
The rest of my school apparently.
I have recently had the urge to cupcake-ifiy the rest of the Sailor Senshi. WILL THEY PREVAIL?!!? Mmmm… Probably.
I am one of those SPN crazed fangirls yo’ momma warned you about.
I made this set about a year ago (Before everything crumbled to dust and my heart melted) as part of a contest.
But I really want to make another Supernatural set. So that is happening soon. Because I should always get what I want.
Yes, these ARE Castiel-themed cupcakes. Sorry, but I am just in love with these shots. My photographer is so awesome. I just want to shower her with cupcakes instead of actual payment.
I told her I’d do her Wedding cake for free.
As long as it’s either X-Men, Fantastic Four, or Nightmare before Christmas themed.
If I did a Destiel series, the internet would probably explode from the ANGEL SEX.